Monday, March 01, 2010

Coming Back Black


THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT.

Psalms 23:1"Time is like a river, you cannot touch the same water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life."

********************************************

In a round table discussion about whether reincarnation was really possible, a financially struggling single woman said,"I want to come back as a rich white woman's poodle that's pampered and rides around all day in her luxury car."


A tired waitress said, "I want to come back rich and make a lot of money and be a mega-super recording star".
The frustrated computer tech said, "If I can come back, I want to be the President, so I can change a lot of things about this world near and far."
Another woman thought about it and said, "I don't know if it's possible, but if I can... God, please let me come back a BLACK WOMAN. I want to come back with a mind fierce and sharp, with a spiritual faith that never waivers or doubts. With a smile that is warm, and a body divine - with honey, cinnamonOr chocolate skin, draped in purple and gold. And, whether young or old, always have enough money so the words broke, layaway, overdue, or postdated check aren't in MY vocabulary.I want to be a sister to my sister, a woman wise when choosing my mate or a date. I want to be able to cook greens, barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, cornbread, a peach cobbler and a lemon pound cake all at the same time.
I want to come back a BLACK WOMAN with self-esteem, worthy of being treated like a QUEEN by my King, a woman with patience, love, and wisdom for children, A BLACK WOMAN with subscriptions to Essence, Jet, Ebony, Black Enterprise, and the Wall Street Journal.I want to come back a BLACK WOMAN with at least one great diamond from the Motherland on my finger.I want to come back with the quiet courage of Rosa Parks, the voice of EllaFitzgerald, the political courage of Ida B. Wells, the determination of Harriet Tubman, spiritual poise of Susan L. Taylor, the business savvy of Oprah Winfrey, the eloquence of Dr. Maya Angelou, and be the author of bestseller books like Iyanla Vanzant.
I want to come back as a BLACK WOMAN, who can stay focused on GOD regardless of the circumstances. I want to be SAVED from the penalty of sin.I want to never let what a person says, or does, change my demeanor. I want to be humble, and to love and be loved unconditionally.I want skin that is flawless and soft, eyes of discernment, and lips that speak ONLY the truth. I want hands of gentleness and feet of prosperity. I want to be a lawyer to enforce the laws which man has broken.If reincarnation is real, please let me come back as a BLACK WOMAN!!!"
BLACK WOMEN ARE WONDERFUL

No comments: